10/12/11 CCA Baseball Club Minutes
Tonight the CCA Baseball Club Board welcomed 2 parents at the open forum.
Chad Wood and Tony Schmelzer attended and had several questions/comments:
- Where is the money going?
- Latest notes were confusing and poorly stated who pays for what.
- The fee/club may lose more kids—which is the opposite of the stated club goals.
- The club wants a commitment in two weeks—but no one knows what they are committed to.
- Not all players have grandparents/sponsors so the two $50 sponsors make the fee $300/player.
These questions were all addressed in the new clarified commitment letter. The two $50 personal sponsors are no longer required.
Chad suggested several fundraising ideas:
- Name the field after sponsors that donate $500-$1000 for the length of the season.
- Look at the North Liberty web site to get ideas for sponsors to contact.
Tony had the following suggestions:
- Have a tournament this summer.
- Have parents submit local sponsor the Board should contact.
Coaching assignments were clarified:
11U Blue – Head: Matt McAreavy, Asst.: Tony Schmelzer, Chad Wood
White – Head: Mark Dawson, Asst.: Jon Haman
12U Blue – Head: Brad Korschgen, Asst.: Todd Liddell, Chuck Wolfe
White – Head: Scott Armstrong, Asst.: Toby Moran
13U – Head: Mike O’Connor, Asst.: Troy Thomsen, Tim Hertel
14U – Head: Mike Wurth, Asst.: Steve Kalkhoff, Todd Shores