CCA Baseball Club
Mike O’Connor, President; Brett Mehmen, Vice President; Todd Liddell, Treasure; Mike Wurth, Operations Manager; Marci Armstrong, Secretary; Chad Wood, Alternate; Jenny Jensen, Alternate; Matt Mcareavy, Trustee.
Present: Mike O’Connor, Todd Liddell, Marci Armstrong, Jenny Jensen, Mike Wurth, Brett Mehmen, Matt Mcareavy
Absent: Chad Wood
Others Present: Toby Moran, Brad Korschgen, Roger Banwart, Tony Schmelzer, Trent Dekoter
Meeting Location: CCA High School, Tiffin, IA
Meeting Called to Order: 6:40 p.m.
*Topic of Discussion – Coaches Meeting. Board met with head coaches to discuss the following topics:
- Practice times for each team at Cosgrove facility. The following times were decided by the head coaches of each team.
- 13U Blue – Saturday 2 – 3:30
- 13U White – Saturday 3:30 -5:00 and Friday 7:00 – 8:30
- 12U Blue – Thursday 5:30 -7:00
- 12U White – Saturday 8:00 -9:30
- 11U Blue – Tuesday 6:30 – 8:00 and Sunday 5:00 – 6:30
- 11U White – Friday 5:30 -7:00
- 10U Blue – Saturday 5:00 – 6:30
- 10U White – Monday 7:00 – 8:30
- 9U Blue – Saturday 9:30 – 11:00
- 8U Blue – Saturday 12:30 – 2:00
- Cosgrove times are available to the teams from January thru March or April.
- Keys to Cosgrove will be obtained for Toby, Brett, Trent, and Roger.
- Batting Cages – The Board is still working with Athletic Director on obtaining batting cage time for the CCABC teams. It is expected that once the Head Coach is announced we will be able to work out times. Coaches will be invited back to determine cage time for each team.
- List of Rosters – Coaches requested a list of rosters with parent contact information. Jenny J. to provided
- Assistant Coaches – Coaches were asked to determine who they would like to have as an assistant coach for their team.
*Topic of Discussion – Deposit Status. Board members were updated by Todd L. on players that have submitted deposit.
*Topic of Discussion – Number of Players Status. Board members were updated on number of players still needed to complete each team. 9U and 13U have been capped. We are still in need of 2 players for 8U and 3 players for 10U, 11U, and 12U. Board members will continue to recruit players to fill out teams.
*Topic of Discussion – Tournament. Mike O. informed the Board that an Umpire Director has been obtained for the CCABC Tournament.
Finance Report: Update on paid deposits
Committee Report: Nothing reported at this meeting.
Other Business: Fundraising Committee will be invited to next Board Meeting.
Next Board Meeting. Next meeting to be held December 3rd at 6:30. Location CCA High School.
Meeting Adjourned: 8:30 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Secretary: Marci Armstrong