Meeting Minutes April 28, 2012

Board attendance: Andrew Davis, Mike O’Connor, Trevor Bollers, Todd Liddell, Mike Wurth, Matt McAreavy.

Board absence: Brett Mehman, Marci Armstrong.

Next Year: 9U & 10U will be added to the club. 8U—will try to gage interest from parents meeting and CCAYLL participants. Board will make an effort to have some type of communication (registration form, information) in the schools newsletter/e-mail next year before schools out for the summer.

Coaches’ Evaluation: Get parent feedback.  Develop a questionnaire.

Coaches’ packet: Next year the Board will include the coaches need to be in contact with USSSA in preparation for the state tournament. How to register so teams will be in the proper class.

Tryout dates: The Board will try to have tryouts in late August/early September.

Registration forms: Trevor volunteered to prepare the registration form for this years tryouts.

Annual meeting: The Board decided the annual meeting/parents meeting should take place before tryouts and would like to schedule shortly after the season concludes. Sometime the week following the 4th of July was suggested. Coach Davis to reserve library for meeting.

CCABC Board: Two new members will be added to the Board at this year’s annual meeting. The terms of McAreavy and Wurth will end. The Board discussed whether to increase the number of Board members or to create committees led by Board members. It was decided to go the route of committees with volunteers. At the annual meeting there will be a sign up sheet for parents/volunteers who are interested in helping. Some possible committees: fundraising, uniforms/banners, tournament coordination.

Tryout Evaluations: The Board would like to have two evaluators at each station consisting of one independent and one coach (from different age group). It was voted to add a catching station for this year’s tryouts by unanimous vote. The following Board members will outline this year’s criteria for the stations as follows: Matt- hitting, Mike O-pitching, Todd-infield, Mike W-outfield, and Trevor-running/sliding & catching.

Miscellaneous: Thank you notes and club pictures will need to be sent to sponsors. The Board will try to have Tuesday July 3rd designated as Club Night at the varsity game that night. Board discussed increasing the number of coaches to four next year.