CLIPPERS BASEBALL CLUB BOARD MEETING
Opening: Clippers Baseball Club Board Meeting was held Monday, August 9, 2021 in person at Tiffin City Hall at 6:00pm.
Board Members Present: Nick Pfeiffer (President), Jeremiah Herdliska (Vice President), Kelly Weber (Treasurer), Matt Carlson (Secretary), Bridgette Schares, Jessi Drake, Jen Johnson, Ethan Smith, Cori Charbon, Julie Vance
Others Present: Alex Schultejans, Nate Kalkwarf, Anna Woody, Riley Williams, Angela Jurgens, Katie Moorhead
8/9/21 Meeting Minutes:
- Open Discussion from Membership:
- No update.
- Update on Outstanding Action Items:
- No update.
- Planning for Next Year and Election of Officers of the Board:
- References to “cca” were removed from the club website and will be removed from the club email address. The club’s new web address is https://clippersbaseballclub.org/.
- 12U and 9U are looking for additional players to complete rosters for a second team at each age group. 9U already has coaches lined up.
- Election of Officers of the Board:
- President – Alex Schultejans
- Treasurer – Katie Piper and Cori Charbon will replace Kelly Weber as Treasurer after the 2022 season. Kelly will train them this year during the transition.
- Secretary – Anna Woody
- Vice President – Bridgette Schares
- Treasurer’s Report:
- The latest monthly Clippers Baseball Club checking account statement from 7/30 has a balance of $21,021.36.
- There was a discussion about the challenges of using Venmo for the club. For now, the club will be accepting only cash and checks.
- No update.
- $4,068.80 was raised for the Scratch Cupcake fundraiser. The next Scratch Cupcake Fundraiser is scheduled for 4/11/22 – 4/29/22 with delivery of cupcakes on 5/18/22.
- Discussion around doing a club fundraiser at Hometown Nutrition, Ruzicka’s Meatlocker, and Edgewood Locker.
- The club is considering doing the garage sale fundraiser every other year, we will discuss again next year.
- ACTION ITEM: Nick Pfeiffer will reach out to Panchero’s about scheduling a club fundraiser.
- DECISION (2/10/20): $899.23 has been raised to repay debts. The club will pay $450 to the City of North Liberty, and $450 to the City of Tiffin.
- DECISION (3/9/20): $705.54 has been raised to repay debts. The club will pay $610 to the City of Tiffin, and $100 (rounded up) to the City of North Liberty.
- DECISION (4/13/20): The Clippers Baseball Club Board will split the $1,000 grant money evenly among the 6 club teams. Each team may be reimbursed up to $166.67 for equipment purchased between 1/1/20 – 5/31/20.
- DECISION (4/13/20): $187.23 has been raised to repay debts. The club will pay $180 (rounded down) to city of North Liberty.
- DECISION (6/8/20): $674.25 has been raised to repay debts ($675 rounded up). The club will pay $500 to the Clippers Baseball Club Scholarship debt and $175 to the city of North Liberty.
- DECISION (8/17/20): $1,056 was approved by the Board to pay towards the City of North Liberty debt. Debt paid in full.
- DECISION (8/17/20): $285 was approved by the Board to pay towards the Clippers Club 7U 2019 debt. Debt paid in full.
- DECISION (8/17/20): $620 was approved by the Board to pay towards the Clippers Club 8U 2019 debt.
- DECISION (8/17/20): $1,696 was approved by the Board to pay towards the Clippers Club 11U 2019 debt.
- DECISION (2/8/21): The Clippers Baseball Club will align its COVID-19 quarantine policy guidelines with that of the Clear Creek Amana Community School District.
- DECISION (4/11/21): The Clippers Baseball Club will outsource the Clipper Classic Tournament to Triple Bagger beginning with the 2022 season.
- Outstanding Action Items:
- ACTION ITEM (8/9/21): Nick Pfeiffer will reach out to Panchero’s about scheduling a club fundraiser.
- Meeting adjourned at 6:39pm. The next meeting will be Monday, September 13th at 6pm at Tiffin City Hall.
- Minutes submitted by: Matt Carlson, Secretary.