October 18, 2018


Thursday, October 18, 2018


Clipper Baseball Club meeting was held on Thursday, October 18, 2018 at Tiffin City Hall in Tiffin, IA at 7:00pm.

Club Members Present: Adam Henderson (President), Golda Monohon (Secretary), Seth Ickowitz (Alternate – Treasurer), and Adam Zupancic (Alternate – Director of Operations)

Others Present: Bryan Monohon (13U Assistant Coach)

Uniform Design:    

Adam has been in contact with Niki Frese from Ironside Apparel.  Niki provided a couple designs which Adam brought to the meeting and shared with everyone.  One design was similar to the 2017-2018 design, but with opposite colors.  The other design was similar to the jersey design chosen by the 11U Blue team at nationals this past year in Branson, MO.  Nick also came up with 7 designs on his own that he sent to Adam to share at the meeting.  A couple of the 7 designs did include the new CCA school district logo that is maintained by strict rules for non-school district organization usage.  Therefore, these designs may not be usable.

Adam Zupancic suggested using a t-shirt design for one jersey and a more expensive design for the other jersey.  Bryan Monohon suggested that each board member come up with one design to bring to the November board meeting to share and possibly vote on.  There are various manufacturers that offer custom jersey design on their website, such as Champro.

A design will need to be chosen by December at which time Adam will meet again with Niki.  Uniform fittings will be Wednesday and Thursday, January 9th and 10th.  Fittings will take place at Tiffin City Hall.

The uniform pants will be light gray Under Armor pants.

Clipper Classic:

The Clipper Classic tournament date has been moved to May 4th and 5th.  Since Adam was waiting on communication with Jonas Zimmerman, a money deposit had not been paid with the City of North Liberty to reserve the date for field usage at Penn Meadows.  The previously chosen timeslot was given to Diamond Dreams instead by the City of North Liberty (Mother’s Day weekend).  The PST tournament will now be the same weekend again as the Clipper Classic as it was this past year.  However, the PST tournament was so large this past year that there were a lot of issues.  The PST league would like to scale back the size of the tournament by approximately 50%.  We may have more teams sign up for the Clipper Classic next May compared to this year.  The club did not make as much money during the tournament compared to past years, especially from concessions.  The team entry fee was increased slightly this year which helped to offset the decrease in concession revenue.

Adam will be meeting with Bret Breard next month to discuss details and umpire payment strategy for the Clipper Classic.

Golda will need to reserve May 4th and 5th with Kona Ice and the Optimist Club for concessions.

12U Gray Team:

There are now 7 players signed up for the 12U Gray roster.  A head coach and assistant coach have already been established.

Bat Bags and Fan Apparel:

Adam Henderson asked Adam Zupancic and Seth Ickowitz to get some feedback from the 7U and 9U teams to see if they would be interested in placing an order for bat bags.  The younger teams tend to be the players that like to place these types of orders since the older teams usually already have this equipment.

Adam Henderson will check into using Decker Sports for fan apparel for the CCA Baseball Club.  Currently the CCA Boosters go through this company for CCA High School fan apparel.  Adam will reach out to Jen Bollers for additional information.

Building Usage (Practices): 

After the November 15th CCA Baseball Club board meeting, Adam Henderson will meet with the coaches to provide instruction on how to reserve CCA school district buildings for practice times.  Adam believes this may take approximately 20 minutes to go over with the coaches.

The CCA school district charges:

$20/hour – gym (indoor fielding) or white building (hitting) usage

$10/hour – room (meetings) usage

Both 12U teams, Blue and White, are planning on reserving practice time at Line Drive in Swisher, IA.  By practicing both teams at the same time, this will help to offset the facility rental fees.

13U is thinking about renting the Regina baseball facility for their practices.

Velocity Farms 

Adam Henderson stated that he cannot implement Velocity Farms training across all teams in the CCA Baseball Club.  Adam forwarded on the information from Velocity Farms to all head coaches and will leave it up to the individual teams if they would like to receive this training for the team or individual players.

Action Items:

  • All Board Members
    • Create one uniform jersey design to bring to the November meeting
  •  Adam
    • Meet with Niki Frese to set up uniform designs and uniform fitting schedule
    • Contact Jen Bollers or Decker Sports regarding fan apparel
    • Meet with Bret Breard to discuss umpire details for the Clipper Classic
  • Golda
    • Reserve Kona Ice for Clipper Classic
    • Reserve Optimist Club to run concessions for Clipper Classic


Meeting was adjourned at 7:55pm by Adam Henderson.  The next meeting will be Thursday, November 15th at 7pm at Tiffin City Hall in Tiffin, IA.

Minutes submitted by: Golda Monohon, Secretary